Friday 20 February 2015

Bag tester

I love testing patterns. It is a lovely way to get challenged and to learn something. I was already lucky to test the messanger bag for Katy and this time I had the chance to make my own travel bag. Did you also see so many quilter travel handmade? I was so jaleous but could never get over my fear and get started. Testing is a good way to finally just do it.


A long time ago I got myself 2m of London-Map fabric and never really found the right way to use it. I did use scraps of it but 2m is quite huge. We have a London trip planed in April so this was the oppertunity I was looking for to finally use at least half of it.

no, there is no picture without her

The pattern was straight forward and with the template how to get the most out of the fabric it was easy peasy. The only problem here is to get the supplies but it worked out fine at the end. I had to change the snaps on the front to magnetic snaps but this is just a little tiny adaption ...


There are so many pockets and I love it. There is nothing more terrible than searching in the bag. Pockets and zips, so many places to loose my stuff! Only the key can he chained in the ring ...


I love to carry the bag over my shoulder but sometimes it is handy to use handles. Now I have both and if I do not want the long strap any more, I can just unclip it.

I am so happy that I could test the pattern and make my trip to London in style. I am pretty sure I will never get lost there again :) Thank you Katy and good luck with the pattern! It was fun and I am so lucky to have my own Katy-Traveller-Bag!

6 comments:

  1. die tasche sieht einfach nur grandios aus!!!! wow, ich bin absolut begeistert! lg kathrin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely bag. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I'm such an Anglophile! And you are right, testing patterns is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful bag and it worked out very well for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. and will you use it in just under a fortnight, too?? perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, die Tasche ist klasse! Und der London Stoff perfekt!!!

    ReplyDelete