Wednesday 28 August 2013

Swapping

Do you ever say no if anyone asks you to join a swap? I can hardly resist so when Nicky called out to start stamping I tried my best for days until I gave in. I remember potato stamping when I was a little girl in school but it was never one of my favorites. Also my kids have stamps I do not really like (To be honest I love their drawing much more but sometimes it is fun). Just making my own stamp sounds so much more fun.


Stamping Swap Mosaic - as Nicky already recognized I forgot the moomin! So just in case someone is crazy enough to give it a try - Please do so!

So this could not be so hard. So I went out to get some rubber and a scalpel to get started. The hardest thing was to get the ink pads which had to be ordered. To tell you a secret I am not a very patient person so after I got rubber and scalpel I started to cut and shape. Of course I wanted to see how it looks so I improved a little with an ordinary sponge and it worked quite well. So this was my first attempt in stamping a fabric

stamping fun

In the meantime the ink pads have arrived, the school has started so now I am off to stalk my dear partner and try to make her something beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. It's going to be a fun swap, isn't it? I can't wait to get carving this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete